The Field & Stream Kayak Roof Rack is a very versatile rack. It can hold up to two kayaks, a single oversized kayak, an SUP, or a canoe. Below are the step by step instruction for loading a single kayak or 2 kayaks at once.
How to load a single kayak on a field and stream roof rack
- Make sure the center bar is laying down flat.
- Add the foam block horizontally snug to the center of each rack
- Put the kayak on top of the car centered with the roof racks. (Upside or right side up)
- Strap and tighten the kayaks to both roof racks and cross bar.
- Attach the front hook to the front of your cars hood.
- Attach the rear hook to the cars trunk
How to load two separate kayaks on a field and stream roof rack
- Adjust both roof racks center bar upwards
- Put kayak on sideways (facing out preferred)
- Put the strap under crossbar and through rack, and throw to the other side
- Grab other side of strap, place through center stand, latch and tighten
- Repeat steps to secure straps on the other roof rack
- Same for the additional kayak
- Put the excess straps inside the car, or wrap is somewhere
- Attach the front hook to the front of your cars hood on both kayaks
- Attach the rear hook to the cars trunk on both kayaks
If you scroll on the internet, you’ll see a variety of different ways to rack your kayak. Above is a very standard way for a single person without help.
If you’re looking for over-ear headphones, see our top picks here.
See the top made-in-USA sunglasses here.
Need a modern outdoor coffee table? See the top picks here.
Need an alarm clock? See the top choices here.